“This One’s For the Girls 2011” Contest
Backyard Broadcasting South Dakota Stations: KRRO-FM, KELO-FM, KELO-AM, KWSN-AM, KTWB-FM, KSQB-FM, KXQL-FM
1. Contest runs July 13, 2011 and ends October 1st, 2011.
2. Terms and Conditions of Entry: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS, RULES AND REGULATIONS APPLY. Prizes are non transferable and not negotiable. Only one sponsor contest prize may be won per household during this contest. Households who win sponsor contest prizes are eligible to win the grand prize. This multi-station contest “This One’s For The Girls 2011” ("Contest") is operated by Backyard Broadcasting South Dakota, LLC (“Company”), d/b/a as Stations KRRO-FM, KELO-FM, KELO-AM, KSQB-FM, KTWB-FM, KWSN-AM and KXQL-FM (“Stations”). THESE RULES WERE INITIALLY PUBLISHED ON 07/14/2011 and revised on 8/24/2011.
3. Eligibility: Grand prize winner must be a resident of South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa or Nebraska and 21 years of age and older at time of entry. You must have a valid street address in the state of South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa or Nebraska (a P.O. Box address will not suffice). Other prizes in contest can be won by persons 21 years of age and older at the time of entry. Employees or agents of the Company, STATIONS, contest sponsors, other radio stations in the Sioux Falls, South Dakota area and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and parent companies and the immediate family members (i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, and siblings) of each and persons domiciled with such persons are not eligible to participate.
4. Prizes: Approximate value of grand prize package is $24,825.00. Grand Prize package consists of but is not limited to: a two year lease on a 2012 Mercedes Benz C-Class, or a 2012 BMW 3-Series or a 2012 Cadillac CTS. Winner (Lessee) will have some obligations, which will include but not be limited to credit qualification and payment of applicable taxes, license, and insurance. Other prizes in “Contest” will be given away by random drawings during live broadcasts at sponsor locations. One prize to be given away per sponsor location. These prizes include but are not limited to: $500.00 gift certificate from Royal Limousine; a learning assessment and ten hours of instruction from Sylvan Learning Center valued at $675.00; a one-night stay in the Presidential suite at Clubhouse Hotel & Suites valued at $630.00; $500 cash from Dollar Loan Center; a spa package from Agape Salon valued at $500.00; a spa package from Day of Indulgence valued at $508.00; a tree with installation from Landscape Garden Center valued at $510.00; $500 gift card from Elegant Expressions; $500.00 gift card from Traditions; a $500.00 gift card from Riddles Jewelry; a prize to be determined from Original Pancake House valued at $500.00; a 1-year membership from the YMCA valued at $600.00; five $100.00 gift cards from Inland Shoes; four Samsung Galaxy Tablets from Sprint valued at $1,716.00; a small appliance package from Nyberg’s Ace valued at $518.86; a 1-night stay at the Holiday Inn Presidential Suite valued at $500.00; a queen bed by Tempurpedic from Beds & Beds valued at $3,000 and a 1-year membership at Massage Envy valued at $588.00; a $500.00 gift certificate from Comfort King; a $500.00 gift certificate from Family Floors and Furniture of Brandon; $500.00 gift certificate from All American Gymnastics; and a $500.00 gift certificate from Luxury Auto Mall of Sioux Falls. Prizes are not transferable, cannot be substituted, altered or negotiated.
5. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of participants. Winner is responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes. IRS 1099 forms for all prizes won from Stations (where the aggregate value of all prizes is $600 or more) will be issued to contest winner. Winner must provide proper identification and social security card (to verify their social security number) to claim prizes.
6. How to Enter/Contest Mechanics: July 13th, 2011 through October 1st, 2011, contest can be entered at sponsor locations during “live action broadcasts” though register-to-win forms during times of broadcasts. A total of 140 semi-finalists will be drawn from live action broadcast events and sponsor locations during run of Contest. Contest can also be entered at Stations’ websites. On-line entry deadline is 11:59 PM Tuesday September 27th, 2011. Maximum of (5) semi-finalists will be drawn from on-line entries. Five semi-finalists will be randomly selected from enter-to-win registration during Grand Prize Event at Luxury Auto Mall of Sioux Falls, 4410 West 12th Street, Sioux Falls Saturday October 1st, 2011 between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM. All semi-finalist entries will be put into one qualifying pool of no more than 140 semi-finalists who must be present to win at grand prize event ceremonies during a live broadcast on October 1st 2011 at Luxury Auto Mall. Semi-finalists will be determined at the sole and absolute discretion of Stations’ management. Stations will make a reasonable attempt to notify semi-finalists by telephone and letter. Voicemail messages will be deemed received. Time of broadcast 11:00AM to 1:00 PM October 1, 2011. Registration from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM, October 1, 2011. Prize ceremonies will take place October 1, 2011 at conclusion of the grand prize drawing event, and all qualifiers must be present to win. Winner will be selected at this event. Winner must be present at grand prize pickup ceremony on (to be determined) at Backyard Broadcasting, 500 S. Phillips Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57104 with all proper identification to execute documents and claim prize.
a. Each final qualifier receives a key and one key will open the prize box. The qualifier whose key opens the Prize box wins the grand prize. Blank keys provided by Backyard Broadcasting.
b. Should grand prize winner choose not to accept grand prize package, prize is forfeited. Under no circumstances will any cash prize substitutions (other than those specifically mentioned above) be offered. In the event of prize forfeiture, a random drawing will be held at the Company’s time and choosing to determine alternate contest winner following end of contest. Remaining qualifiers in attendance at the October 1, 2011 event at Luxury Auto Mall of Sioux Falls will be eligible for any such alternate winner random drawing. Contest is deemed complete upon acceptance of grand prize package at time of prize pick-up and execution of all winner release forms at Stations’ offices at the designated day and time. The Winner accepts the prize package as valued and acknowledges that the package must be either accepted or declined in its entirety. There will be no option to accept a portion of the prize package. The Company will make a good faith effort to verify the values provided by the prize sponsors, but is in no way responsible for any inaccuracies with respect to valuation. The Winner may chose not to accept the prize package as their sole remedy for any alleged discrepancies in value. The Winner understands that by accepting the prize package they have expressly agreed to be responsible for any tax liability associated with the stated value of the prize package.
7. Limitation on Liability: By entering, all entrants release the Company and Stations and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, officers, directors, agents, promotional partners and employees from any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Contest and/or acceptance or use of the prize. The Company and Stations are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries, including any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or errors of the U.S. Postal service. The Company and Stations are not responsible for cheating or fraud by any entrants. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of operating as planned, including, without limitation, as a result of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Company and Stations, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Company and Stations reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and award prizes among eligible entries received.
8. Permission: By participating, winners grant permission for their picture, voice and telephone call to be recorded, rebroadcast and posted on Backyard Broadcasting station websites and promotional and sales materials for use by the Stations. Winner hereby grants Company a perpetual worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free sub-license (through multiple tiers), right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote their picture and voice, in all media now known or hereinafter created.
9. Contest Disputes: Stations’ Management shall be the sole arbiters of the Contest and in the interpretation of Contest rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the Contest constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Stations. Stations reserve the right to change, alter, or modify these rules or to stop the Contest at any time with or without written notice.